Fowler College of Business
The Fowler College of Business uses a variety of rubrics to rate and assess student work. Rubrics developed to assess specific DLOs related to Program Learning Goals such as critical thinking and global competency are provided in the FCB Assessment Blackboard Homeroom.
What is a Rubric and how do I make one?
This handy tutorial is ideal for anyone who wants to get started using a rubric to grade. All faculty members are encouraged to share rubrics for specific assignments with their students when the assignment is made. Doing this will help students understand expectations and should improve the quality of student work.
Download the Rubric Primer (pdf)
Communication Skills Rubric
The Fowler Communication Skills rubrics represent the Fowler College of Business' expectations for all of our students, from freshmen through Executive MBAs. Faculty members are encouraged to share these rubrics with their students and use them in evaluating student work.
BUS/210 - Week 8
Hardware and Software Components
Resource: Ch. 9 of Introduction to Business
Complete the table in Appendix E by describing the uses of following hardware and software components:
- Legacy systems
- Mainframe computers
- Network computers
- World Wide Web and the Internet
- Wired and wireless broadband technology
- PC software
- Networking software
- Computer security software
Developing Good Business Sense
Resources:Ch. 12 of Introduction to Business How to Write a Whiz Bang Paragraph in the CMF Model Paper in the CMF
Readthe Developing Good Business Sense activity on p. 394 of the text.
AnswerQuestions 1–4 from the activity in a 700- to 1,050-word paper in APA format.
Includes 4 Papers for your
Paper #1 Option: Chick-fil-A, Wendy's, and McDonalds - 739 words
Paper #2 Option: Kraftmaid Cabinetry, National Transport, and RM Logistics - 844 words
Paper #3 Option: Sonic Drive-In, McDonalds, and Kentucky Fried Chicken - 812 words
Week 8 Knowledge Check
1. Which of the following costs is associated with a firms operations and
materials management function?
2. For what purpose do businesses consider establishing maquiladoras?
3. According to Jones (2007), the semifinished goods and services that go
through a company's production process are called
4. According to Jones (2007), which type of operating system is designed to
make unique or custom-made products?
5. Which of the following is a key benefit of mass production operating systems?
6. The operating system that combines both the benefits of customized products
and low cost production is called
7. Of the three stages in operation and materials management, which stage
8. Some examples of elements in the operations stage of the operations and
material management process include
9. Which of the following is the correct order of the operations and material
10. According to Jones (2007), the hardware and software components of a
company's existing IT systems are called its
11. In the history of modern computers, which of the following came first?
12. In the 1990's, the Windows operating system, created by Microsoft, was installed
in 90% of the worlds PCs. This kind of penetration in the personal computer
business made Windows the
13. Which best describes e-commerce?
14. Which best describes B2B commerce?
15. Which of the following is software developed for business within the same industry
to conduct trading?
16. The combination of which two factors gives people the ability to better react
to the economic environment in which they function?
17. One major result of organizational learning is
18. According to Jones (2007), what attributes should information provided to
managers have to be useful to the organization?
19. Which of the following is a form of information that is constantly updated to
make sure that decisions can be as up-to-date as possible?
20. Which of the following is one of the four major sources of competitive advantages
provided by information technology?
21. Which of the following best explains how information technology improves
innovation in a company?
22. Information technology improves customer responsiveness by
23. Which of the following describes managers ability to use the collection and
analysis of data to gain information about various tasks and operations to
increase the efficiency of a particular function?
24. What is the major advantage of broadband technology?
25. Which of the following best describes the result of information overload?