Fashion Stylist Cover Letter
Fashion Stylists help clients improve and maintain their personal image. Formal education is not mandatory for this position, and most Fashion Stylists start with a small portfolio of clients. A good Fashion Stylist is able to accentuate their clients’ positive attributes and recommend the right outfit that suits their appearance and personality. Common activities of a Fashion Stylist include: selecting clothes and accessories, developing images for celebrities and models, attending fashion shows, and monitoring fashion trends.
A successful cover letter sample for Fashion Stylist should focus on the following skills and abilities:
- Fashion trends awareness
- Creativity and artistic flair
- Good taste
- Art history and design knowledge
- Being able to adapt to different body types
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
Beneath is provided an example cover letter highlighting similar Fashion Stylist qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Fashion Stylist Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Rodriguez:
When I saw your posting for a Fashion Stylist, I was eager to forward my resume for your review. As a dedicated and motivated professional with a strong background and education in the fashion industry, I am positioned to significantly contribute to your goals in this role.
My experience includes coordinating fashion / style preferences for a variety of clients, in addition to achieving a Bachelor of Science degree in Fashion Marketing and Management and a diploma in Fashion Arts. I am confident that these attributes, along with my strong enthusiasm for fashion and my expertise in social media, will enable me to excel in this position.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Achieving comprehensive education in diverse fashion / retail topics, including principles of buying, marketing, statistics, fashion history, retail promotion, and trend forecasting.
- Excelling in hands-on practicum roles providing comprehensive fashion support and decision-making for advertising campaigns, music videos, public appearances, and photo shoots.
- Consistently staying abreast of current fashion styles and trends to ensure optimal clothing and accessory selection.
- Possessing a keen eye for detail, familiarity with diverse apparel brands, and the ability to select advantageous outfits for any body shape and age.
- Demonstrating excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills and effective customer service strategies.
My skills in trend spotting, product recommendation, and client service are proven, and I am confident my additional talents will readily translate to this role with your company. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Evelyn S. Lewis
Assistant Fashion Stylist Cover Letter
Building up a career in the fashion industry is not easy. The main issue arises with the designs you make and the choice of the designer you wish to be associated with. Rejection is something which every newcomer has to deal with. Your work might be unique and liked by your friends and associates but you can be stuck if it is not liked by the designer houses you approach. Wherever you go you have to showcase your work. We wish to help you in getting through to the final selection of candidates without even meeting the employer in person. Yes, this is possible with the assistant fashion stylist cover letter.
How a Cover Letter can Work Wonders?
Everyone submits resumes and tries to mention as much as possible in that document, which is expected and that is how it should be but that is exactly where an assistant fashion stylist cover letter comes into play. This letter has the following things. Read on for knowing how it works too.
- Starting from the basics, address the letter to the employer, recruiter or the designer you wish to work with
- Assume that you are putting a word of recommendation for yourself in this letter convincing in the best possible way for offering the best
- The letter should be concisely written and should not be a replica of the resume. The motive behind writing the cover letter is to arouse interest in the addressee's mind and force him or her to read your resume
- The fact that you address the letter to the recruiting personnel shows you have confidence and have some substance that backs that confidence
- The assistant fashion stylist cover letter gives you the freedom of having a personal interaction with the employer even before you have met in person
- An important part after you send across the cover letter with your resume is the follow up. You are supposed to call or take an appointment to strengthen the impression you have made through the letter
How to Write Assistant Fashion Stylist Cover Letter?
Although you have freedom to write the letter as you wish there are a few formal things you should mention, they are as follows:
- Reference to the source of information that told you about the job vacancy
- Why you think the employer should consider your candidature
- Read up and know about the organization you are applying in to have a foundation
- Choose a formal standard font face and size so as to fit in the content of the letter in a page
- As mentioned earlier, show interest and request them to get in touch or tell them when you plan to call them for an appointment
Now have a look at an example of assistant fashion stylist cover letter in the following section.
Penguins Zone, Street No. 4
E-Mail Address - email@example.com
Contact Number - 523-255-1616
Human Resources Department
Robert & Mikhail Fashion House
This letter is with reference to the Fashion Stylists requirement you have put up in my college, Xavier's Fashion Institute's notice board dated 11/14/2011. I am very enthusiastic about this opportunity to portray my work, designs learnt from my prestigious institute. I am a follower of Robert & Mikhail Fashion House activities. I was a part of the Fashion Week you had hosted last year. I have my portfolio with the photographs and videos of shows that I have choreographed which I would be too glad to show you.
Only if you could give me an appointment I would really be honored. Kindly get in touch with me on my e-mail address or on the cell phone number I have given.
Thanking you in earnest and with eager anticipation.
- Specialization certificate
- Experience letter
Hope this sample assistant fashion stylist cover letter helps you in taking the needful step for drafting it. We wish you all the very best for your future endeavors and a successful career ahead!