Cover letters are often considered less important than resumes, but that is far from reality. A well-executed cover letter has the ability to showcase your talent, experience, and ideas, and is often the first communication a potential employer reads. For this reason, it is vital to create a stand-out document. One way to do this is to consult a free clerical assistant cover letter sample like the one found below, along with the accompanying tips.
Free Clerical Assistant Cover Letter Sample
Dear Mr. Smith,
Having the proper support staff today is a vital condition to allowing businesses to thrive. Competent, independent, and properly trained clerical assistants can make all the difference between a business’ successes and failures. I am confident that my skills and abilities in these areas make me a prime candidate to become a part of your team.
In reviewing your job posting, I can confidently say that I meet or exceed every qualification. I have over 12 years of experience in clerical assistant positions, each of which has greatly contributed to my skill set and knowledge. I have worked with computers extensively while performing the daily tasks necessary to organize and operate offices. I have also gained valuable experience in maintaining files in accordance with state and federal regulations.
I understand that a clerical position is an integral part of a team, and always do all I can to help ensure my teams meet their goals. As a clerical assistant, I feel it is my duty to remain positive and supportive of administrators to give them the best opportunity to perform their tasks.
My education and work experience make me the ideal candidate for this position. Thank you for your time and attention while you consider me. I look forward to further discussing my qualifications with you in an interview.
What to Include in a Clerical Assistant Cover Letter
As shown in our free clerical assistant cover letter sample, there are some best practices to keep in mind when crafting your cover letter. This includes taking the time to really consider what you will write. Think of how to summarize what you are looking for in an employer as well as what you can bring to the table in just 30 seconds, and make that your introduction. Also be sure to set the correct tone. Office environments are often formal, so it is important to include professional, warm, and respectful wording in your cover letter.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
While it is important to ensure that your cover letter highlights your abilities and is tailored to address your fit with a particular job, there are always industry-specific skills that you can include, as in this free clerical assistant cover letter sample. Consider the following:
• Computer proficiency: The majority of a clerical assistant’s job now takes place using various computer programs.
• Communication skills: Being able to communicate well with bosses and clients is essential to performing well.
• Organization: Strong organizational skills are required for record-keeping and ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
• Punctuality: Assistants must be on time to ensure those they are supporting aren’t delayed in their own responsibilities.
32 Cramer Dr.
May 1, 2009
Longview Daycare Center
487 Rideau St.
Dear Ms. Hussein:
If you need a hard-working and organized administrative professional to help ease the load in your office, look no further. I am responding to your job posting on Monster.ca for a full-time Administrative Assistant at Longview Daycare Center. With a unique combination of specialized skills and practical experience, I believe myself to be a great candidate for the position at your facility.
I hold a certificate in Office Administration from Algonquin College, where I graduated at the top of my class in 2001. Some of my strong suits include:
- A full range of computer (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Access) and technical (HTML, Web design) skills
- Eight years of administrative support in the areas of office management, invoicing, accounting, data entry, staffing, document preparation, customer service, mailing coordination, and executive care
- Six years experience managing a client base of over 1000
- Extraordinary attention to detail and experience working with confidential and sensitive information
- A discernible reputation as an outstanding community member with a proven track record of efficiency, loyalty and professionalism
I see myself as the perfect match for Longview Daycare Center and welcome you to contact me for an interview at 613-271-1275 or Trevor.Lisbon@Gmail.com. In addition, I will call you early next week to touch base and further discuss my credentials.