Updated DCICN and DCICT v6.0 courses include new content on data center networking, basics of cloud computing, automation and orchestration of the data center infrastructure, Cisco UCS Director basic functions, and Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI).
On January 17, Cisco announced the revision of the CCNA Data Center certification track from version 1.0 to 6.0 that includes an update to both DCICN and DCICT exams and corresponding Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN) and Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT) courses. Through April 11, 2017, candidates can choose to take either version of the exams based on their unique situation. The last day to take the test for the existing 640-911 DCICN v1.0 and 640-916 DCICT v1.0 exams is April 11, 2017. After that date, the 200-150 DCICN and 200-155 DCICT are the only required exams you must pass to achieve the CCNA Data Center title.
The updated CCNA Data Center certification validates skills needed to configure and operate essential data center solutions and technologies: networking; server, network and storage virtualization; storage concepts and protocols; unified computing; and policy-driven infrastructure. The updated curriculum also better reflects the job roles and tasks required in jobs typically held by data center-focused IT professionals with up to three years of relevant job experience.
Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN) v6.0 training and 200-150 DCICN exam overview
The 640-911 DCICN exam will be replaced by the 200-150 DCICN exam and you can gain the required knowledge for passing it by attending the new Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN) v6.0 course.
200-150 DCICN exam overview
The new 200-150 DCICN exam consists of 5 domains.
640-911 DCICN Exam
200-150 DCICN Exam
1.0 Describe How a Network Works
1.0 Data Center Physical Infrastructure
2.0 Configure, Verify and Troubleshoot a Switch with VLANs and Interswitch Communications Using Nexus
2.0 Basic Data Center Networking Concepts
3.0 Implement an IP Addressing Scheme and IP Services to Meet Network Requirements in a Medium-Size Enterprise Branch Office Network Using Nexus
3.0 Advanced Data Center Networking Concepts
4.0 Configure, Verify, and Troubleshoot Basic Router Operation and Routing on Cisco Devices Using Nexus
4.0 Basic Data Center Storage
5.0 Advanced Data Center Storage
Key topics removed in the 200-150 DCICN exam:
- Removed the product-specific elements, such as Nexus, and instead increased the focus on skills and technologies
- Removed the Ethernet low-level functionality and added operational roles of data center devices; for example, use cases to deploy various types of physical devices
- Removed the Cisco IOS router topics
- Removed the specifications of platform components as in boot process procedures, passwords, and diagnostics.
Key topics added or changed in the 200-150 DCICN exam:
- Increased breadth of data center networking concepts, including First Hop Redundancy Protocols (FHRP), data center networking architectures such as spine-and-leaf designs, unicast and multicast, and authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) concepts and filtering
- Additional focus on high-availability switching concepts, port channel, virtual Port Channel (vPC), and control plane and data plane separation
- Increased data center storage concepts including Fiber Channel operations and design, IP storage protocols, and moved storage topics from DCICT into DCICN
- Added a basic understanding of Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN) v6.0 training overview
The course focuses on the following topics:
- Data center networking concepts and technologies
- Data center storage networking
- Data center physical infrastructure.
The training also provides extensive time on highly immersive, hands-on lab exercises, especially in the following areas:
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), and Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP)
- Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) and secure remote administration
- Virtual SANs (VSANs)
- Basic Usage:
- Cisco UCS Manager GUI
- Fabric login (FLOG) and Fiber Channel name server (FCNS).
See the Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN) v6.0 course page for detailed description, available dates, and pricing.
Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT) v6.0 training and 200-155 DCICT exam overview
The 640-916 DCICT exam will be replaced by the 200-155 DCICT exam and you can gain the required knowledge for passing it by attending the new Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT) v6.0 course.
200-155 DCICT exam overview
The new 200-155 DCICT exam consists of 5 domains.
640-916 DCICT exam
200-155 DCICT exam
1.0 Cisco Data Center Fundamentals Concepts
1.0 Unified Computing
2.0 Data Center Unified Fabric
2.0 Network Virtualization
3.0 Storage Networking
3.0 Cisco Data Center Networking Technologies
4.0 Data Center Virtualization
4.0 Automation and Orchestration
5.0 Unified Computing
5.0 Application Centric Infrastructure
6.0 Data Center Network Services
Key topics Removed or moved:
- Removed the Cisco Data Center Fundamentals topics, including SAN
- Removed the network design models
- Moved and expanded Storage Networking, including SAN, Fiber Channel, and IP Storage topics into 200-150 DCICN
- Removed Network Services topics such as load balancers, Cisco Application Control Engine (ACE), and Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS).
Key topics added:
- Expanded the virtualization of the computer and network
- Overlay and underlay as well as control plane and data plane
- Basics of cloud computing
- Automation and orchestration of data center infrastructure, including Cisco UCS Director basic functions
- Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), including the architecture of an ACI environment, the policy-driven application deployment model, and the ACI logical model.
Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT) v6.0 training overview
The DCICT v6.0 training provides extensive time on highly immersive, hands-on lab exercises, especially in the following areas:
- Unified Computing
- UCS Manager GUI
- Local role-based access control (RBAC)
- Service Profile Template
- Data center technologies
- Fabric Extender (FEX)
- Fabric Path
- Automation and orchestration
- Nexus and UCS APIs
- UCS Director.
See the Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT) v6.0 course page for detailed description, available dates, and pricing.
Feel free to contact us if you would like to know more about the new CCNA Data Center certifications or if you need help with exam preparations.
Additional information is also available from the following sources:‹ back
Pass-Guaranteed.com provides a remarkable experience to anyone who wishes to prepare for the Cisco 640-911 exam by offering updated study materials composed by authors and IT specialists, similar to the ones in the real 640-911 Cisco exam. Pass-Guaranteed.com is the best 640-911 exam questions provider in the field which guarantees your success on the first try. We cover all the objectives you need to know to prepare and understand before taking the exam. The Pass-Guaranteed.com braindumps are available in different formats such as PDF File and Testing Engine. Once you purchase the 640-911 test questions, you will be granted access to all the updates available on the website. The testing engine is user-friendly, easy to install and upon completion of your test, it will calculate your final score which you can use as reference for the real exam. Unlike other providers, Pass-Guaranteed.com has a 24/7 Customer Service that can assist you with any problem you may encounter regarding the Cisco 640-911 test. Our Live Support team offers you a 10% Discount code that you can use when you decide to buy the exam. There is also a 50% Discount Code available for anyone who will purchase 3 or more exams. The Pass-Guaranteed.com dumps come along with correct answers and detailed explanations created for any level of experience. You can try the demo questions available at https://www.Pass-Guaranteed.com/640-911.htm to test your knowledge and to convince yourself of the quality of our exam materials. Our customer’s testimonials and reviews reflect our exceptional Certification Materials that assure you of passing the 640-911 test and becoming Certified! Just try out our 640-911 Cisco Exam questions Demo and you will not be disappointed. If you don’t pass the exam on your First Try, you will receive your money back guaranteed. You have nothing to lose! Try our 640-911 Cisco Exam Questions and you will see why Pass-Guaranteed.com is the No.1 I.T Certification Company in the world.
Tags :640-911 Practice exam, 640-911 Cisco Exam, 640-911 Exam Questions, 640-911 Test Questions, 640-911 Practice Test, 640-911 DCICN Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking